10 oz. of vegetable stock
3 oz. of coconut milk
1/2 cup of apple sauce
4 tsp of apple cider vinegar
1/2 pumpkin (hokkaido),peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp of fresh ginger, chopped
pepper & salt
2 tbsp of oil
pumpkin seed oil
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and ginger, cook until tender.
- Add pumpkin in the pan and carry on cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden.
- Pour vegetable stock and coconut milk into the pan.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Puree with a hand blender until you have a smooth texture.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and the apple sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with coconut milk, pumpkin seed oil and pumpkin seeds on top. Enjoy!
Leave a comment! :))