1/4 cup of lentils
1 cup of fresh arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
2 spring onions, chopped
4 cups (or 300 gr.) of fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced
juice of one lemon
2 tbsp of italian seasoning
salt & pepper
2 tbsp of oil
- Rinse lentils under running water.
- Add lentils and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 25 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until its nice and hot.
- Add the mushrooms and the spring onions and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until they have begun to develop color and gotten tender.
- Add half a cup of arugula.
- Turn the heat off and add in lemon juice, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add the lentils and mix everything together.
- Serve with fresh arugula on top.
* You can also add quinoa to your salad!
I love this salad! I hope you’ll give it a try 🙂
Leave a comment!!!