1 cup of tomato puree
1/8 cup of lentils
3 spring onions, chopped (optional)
1 handful of fresh basil
1 onions, diced
1 clove of garlic, diced finely
2 tbsp of italian seasoning
1 tbsp of sunflower seeds
1 tbsp of agave syrup (or maple syrup)
2 tbsp of oil
salt & pepper, to taste
- Wash the zucchini and julienne them with a julienne peeler.
- Rinse lentils under running water.
- Add lentils and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 25 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the oil.
- Once the oil heats, add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the onions and half of the spring onions.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Drain the lentils and set aside to cool.
- Add tomato puree and the agave syrup to the skillet and lower to a simmer.
- Season with salt, pepper and italian seasoning.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then add in the basil and the lentils.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Add the zucchininoodles and cook for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and rinse immediately with cold water to stop cooking.
- Serve the them with the tomato sauce on top.
- Add the remaining spring onions, the sunflower seeds and some basil on top.
That’s it!! It’s so delicious and healthy *___*
Leave a comment!! :)))