Ingredients: (Serves 2)
10 oz of whole-wheat or spelt farfalle
1/2 jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil
4 tbsp of tomato paste
4 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
1/8 cup of cashew nuts
2 cloves of garlic
1 hand full of fresh basil
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella
- Fill a large pot with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the farfalle and cook according to package instructions.
- In a food processor, add the sun-dried tomatoes, the tomato paste, the olive oil (or oil from your sun-dried tomatoes), the Parmiggiano Reggiano, the cashew nuts, the garlic, the basil and the salt.
- Blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- Toss the pesto with the cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle over the some extra grated Parmesan and/ or your shredded mozzarella and serve! 🙂
I love that recipe! Leave me a comment and tell me if you like it 🙂