2 1/2 cups zucchini, sliced lengthwise (1-2 zucchini)
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 lb. of lean ground beef
1 cup mozzarella cheese, sliced
1 cup feta cheese (or goat cheese), diced
14.5 oz. of can tomato sauce
2 tbsp of fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp of dried oregano
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp of oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and the garlic and cook, until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the ground beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until the meat is just about cooked through.
- Add the rosemary, the parsley and the oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Place a few zucchini slices in a single layer on top.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce on top and add a layer of mozzarella cheese slices.
- Place another layer of zucchini slices on top.
- Spread a layer of meat sauce on top and sprinkle over the diced feta cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the top is golden brown.
I love this recipe so much. It’s delicious!! You have to try it 😉 Leave a comment!!