Ingredients: (2 person)
300 gr. whole wheat penne (or spelt penne pasta)
3 cups of brown champignons
1 small white onion, finely chopped
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp. of coconut oil (or any other plant oil)
6 tbsp. of vegan cashew dressing
1/2 cup of dry white wine (optional)
1/4 – 1/2 cup of plant based milk (almond milk or oat milk)
1 tbsp. of fresh rosemary
Handful of basil leaves, washed and dried
salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook your penne pasta to al dente.
- In a large pan over medium heat sauté onion in coconut oil for 2 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Then add champignons and cook for 5 minutes. When champignons are half cooked, stir in minced garlic and rosemary. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add in white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in your vegan cashew dressing.
- Then add the milk and let it simmer for 5 minutes. You will see the sauce getting thickened slowly. If the sauce becomes too thick, add some hot pasta water or milk and thin the sauce.
- Add a pinch salt and pepper. Remember that your cashew dressing is already seasoned well!
- Now add the basil leaves and your penne pasta.
- Toss to combine everything well and coat pasta in sauce for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your meal!
It’s a great alternative to the regular pasta with a cream sauce. It tastes amazing and is healthy! It is so addictive 🙂 Leave a comment, if you tried it!!