4 cups of spelt flour
1 cup of rye flour
1/2 cup of whole rolled oats
1/3 cup of sunflower seeds
1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup of ground flax seeds
2 Tbsp. of Chia seeds
2 Tbsp. of caraway seeds
1 1/2 Tbsp. of salt
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1/2 tsp. of sugar
warm water (about 250 ml)
- Place the flour, rolled oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, ground flax seeds, Chia seeds, caraway seeds and salt in a large bowl and mix together.
- Next make a large well in the centre and pour some of your water into the well.
- Now add your yeast and sugar and stir with a fork.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Slowly bring in the flour from the inside of the well and add more water.
- Knead the dough for just a few minutes or until it comes together. The dough should not stick to your hands anymore.
- Shape the dough into a ball and and cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel.
- Place in a warm draft free spot and let it rise for about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Form your dough into a loaf and place it on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes until golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
- Cool on a wire rack.
That is by far my absolute favorite bread. It’s soft inside and has a crispy crust. I love to spread it with avocado. It tastes amazing. And it’s so easy to bake your own bread!! I hope you will give it a try! Let me know if you did 🙂