1 Tbsp vegetable oil
250 gr. red lentils, washed thoroughly
2 tins of tomatoes, chopped
1 tin of coconut milk
1/2 tin of water
2 medium onions, chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
250 gr. of fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp of curry powder
2 tsp of cumin, grounded
3 tsp of whole cumin seeds
1 tsp of tumeric
1 tsp of garam masala
1/2 fresh bell pepper, chopped
1 handful of parsley, finely chopped
salt & pepper to taste
- In a bigger saucepan, add the oil along with onions and the garlic and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and the spices (not yet the salt&pepper) and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the lentils, the tinned tomatoes, the coconut milk and the water.
- Let it simmer for about 50 minutes. It should be a thicker consistency by now.
- Add the bell pepper and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Now you can add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Done!! You can eat it plain or with rice.
It is so easy to make and sooo delicious!! Be careful and don’t burn your mouth. It happens to me almost every time I cook the Dal. I just can’t wait fo it to cool down 🙂 Try it at home and let me know how you like it!! Leave me a comment! It would mean the world to me :DD